SSR is working on a fantastic new opportunity for a Senior Copywriter to join a leading creative health comms agency in central London.
This is a fantastic opportunity set within the agencies dynamic creative department. The ideal candidate will be passionate about turning scientific material into compelling brand narrative. This is a client facing and strategic opportunity, with scope to progress into a Head of Copy position for the right candidate.
- Works with Art Directors and Designers to convey messages and stories in new and engaging ways
- Turns scientific fact and data into impactful and compelling stories
- Able to write across a broad variety of materials including detail aids (printed and digital), leave pieces, mailers, websites, training materials etc., thinking about all potential media, and their interconnections, from the start.
- Comfortable with briefing colleagues on the background science of diseases and therapies, and keeps on top of core claims and references
- Strong knowledge of common regulations surrounding medical communications (e.g. ABPI code of practice) and the process of medical approval
- Good conceptual understanding and ability
- Establish and maintain a role as copy lead and adviser to client
- Actively participate in the development of strategic brand messaging
Skills & Experience:
- Life Science graduate with a minimum of 5 years’ experience and broad, robust scientific understanding
- Experience of managing and mentoring junior writers
- Significant healthcare agency copywriting experience with excellent basis of writing experience across different therapy areas, projects, customer groups and media
- Evidence of creative brand leadership and creative ambition – innovative and/or award-winning work an advantage
- Able to use their scientific knowledge to provide insights into client brand strategy and creative concepting
- Experience in successful new business pitches