SSR is working on a new opportunity for a Principle Medical Writer to join the med ed team of a global health comms network in central London.
This role is responsible for the overall scientific strategic direction and delivery of accurate editorial content across designated accounts whilst providing solid internal leadership to editorial teams.
- Must be a hands-on Principle Medical Writer with a proven track record of successfully leading and coordinating the editorial quality and delivery of scientific content across several accounts
- Act as scientific lead for pitches and proposal presentations, with a passion for new business
- Act as senior scientific contact for the internal team as well as clients and external experts, using their experience to shape the scientific strategy and direction of a number of pharmaceutical products
- This is an internal and external leadership role that requires a passion for quality and delivery
- Ensuring the scientific integrity and editorial quality of content developed across a number of accounts and disciplines (i.e. medical education, promotion, digital)
- Excellent understanding of medical communications strategy, with the ability to craft and deliver medical education plans based on scientific and strategic understanding, and an interpretation of product attributes and data
- Internal responsibilities include line management and motivating a team at a variety of levels
- Actively participate in team members training and development
- Plan and manage the editorial resourcing across several large accounts, coordinate the training and development of an editorial team and input into recruitment of new team members