SSR is working on a new opportunity for a Lead Learning Design Specialist to join the medical education agency of a global health comms network in central London.
This role would suit an experienced and driven creative lead learning designer capable of developing innovative learning solutions to meet the needs of a range of healthcare clients. You will own and lead the overall creative vision for a range of learning projects and be adept at maximizing the use of advanced learning technologies and platforms, with an extensive understanding of adult learning principles and of learning technology. The ideal candidate will also be a skilled and engaging communicator, confident in leading workshops and collaborating effectively with clients and colleagues at all levels.
Please note healthcare experience is not required for this role, however applicants should have a minimum of three years of experience leading learning design programmes with a strong learning technology background.
• Developing and holding the vision for the overall learning technology-based project or blended learning programme
• Researching content and working with medical and science subject experts to transform that content into effective and engaging learning experiences
• Advising clients on best practice and trends in deploying learning experiences that maximises use of advanced learning technologies
• Working with clients and internal teams to define requirements for learning programmes and providing best-practice counsel on appropriate approaches
• Leading and facilitating design workshops, both internally and with clients
• Linking learning needs analysis results to learning objectives when implementing the design
• Working with an art director to define visual and multi-media approaches
• Developing and pitching design concepts to client stakeholders at every level
• Setting the standard for instructional writing to ensure that is creative, concise and persuasive
• Training and mentoring colleagues (and clients where appropriate) in the principles of learning design and in the use of advanced learning technologies tools and systems
• Occasional film shoot direction, animation direction and voiceover scripting
• Understanding how to get the best from a variety of off the shelf authoring tools, such as Storyline and Captivate, as well as learning platforms such as eg. Axonify, Watershed LRS and Fuse Universal.