SSR is working on a fantastic opportunity for a Head of Copy to join a full-service health comms agency in central London.
As HoC you will be an expert at writing captivating copy with a passion for science, able to deliver inspiring and innovative work that pushes creative boundaries. You will be able to expertly work across a wide range of therapy areas and materials, including innovative digital campaigns whilst effectively managing and developing teams.
- Responsibility for the professional development and readiness of the copy team to meet the demands of the business moving forward
- Ensure accuracy, attention to detail and process are adhered to in the life-cycle of a project – conceptualising, copy generation, and storytelling
- Work collaboratively across creative, client service and clients in the execution of briefs to produce outstanding solutions on time and within financial restraints
- Mentor and inspire the other writers within the team, 1-2-1 meetings, individual development plans, effective measurement through regular reviews
- Contribute to the strategic and creative development of the agency’s marketing and branding to generate new business
- Up-to-date on legislation and regulatory processes
- Continually learning, evaluating and implementing new technologies within the agency and for client campaigns
- Over 10 years’ experience in creative writing and experience of working within a creative healthcare agency on global campaigns
- Experience of working across a range of Rx, and OTC accounts
- Leadership skills that help you develop and nurture members of your team and experience with training other writers
- Experience with global multi-channel, multi-market communications within pharma sectors
- Award-winning credentials, and a passion for guiding other copywriters to creative success